എന്റെ ജീവിതാനുഭവങ്ങളും, സ്വപ്നങ്ങളും, പിന്നൊരിത്തിരി സാഹിത്യവും...

Thursday, 26 November 2009

Quantum Physics can go wrong if zero got another value, right?

This I started writing as my opinion in the comment box of http://chittayillathachinthakal.blogspot.com/2006/09/blog-post.html

(I reached that blog from the post of Dr.Suraj  http://surajcomments.blogspot.com/2008/02/old-write-up-revisited.html) then thought of posting in my blog itself, as this is not discussing much about that post itself and got a general form.

I’m just sharing “my” thoughts. It’s my thoughts, so may not be applicable to one another.

Science is objective, which is based on time & space, which human can perceive.
While Vedas and most of the ancient sciences are a kind of revelations came from deep thinking (or magical revelations?!!) which is more Subjective in nature.

As normal human beings, we can’t break the time-space concept and go beyond that, but that doesn’t mean there is nothing beyond our understanding. I don’t think there is nothing wrong in comparing Advaitha with modern quantum theory, as an effort to learn more; especially when Quantum physics is depending on mathematical calculations to prove its base. (The funny thing is, Mathematics itself is a subjective thing, which is simply made its base on the concept of zero.) Actually the subjective nature of mathematics is enough for linking the ancient wisdom and modern science. Out of my personal interest only, I spend some time to compare Saankhya sasthra and Artificial Intelligence, but I was not able to go beyond a certain level just because my brain is not that super intelligent!

But we all know that, the real one (or the ultimate truth- but here I'm not meaning the "relegiuos definition" for ultimate truth ) will exist and will not change in a time – space graph. At least in that sense itself, ancient Indian wisdom has some importance, as it still getting acceptance.  But this all not limited in India only; there are Egyptian Science, Mayan Science and many more...

We were here only in a very small time span and our physical existence is negligible in this Universe. At the same time, we got wonderful evidence of what human mind is capable of.

So better realize how small we are, and then think how big we can achieve.


Note: I am not at all supporting people who are misinterpreting the old books and teachings. There are lot of false claims which saying modern science inventions are already mentioned in Vedas and other Old school of thought. I believe it’s absolutely wrong approach.  Ancient wisdom is definitely great and opening many possibilities for a person who can think. We have to study them properly and use them wisely. (This note I added some time after posting the above article, just for make my viewpoint very clear.)

5 comments:

★ Shine said...

I’m neither a master of science nor a vedanta pundit; just an average guy interested in such things. This I posted with a hope that someone will shed light to my thinking and make it better and clear. So, if there is something wrong in my understanding and thinking, please let me know.

ഗീത said...

If ZERO gets another value, sure there will be another 'word' with value now the 'ZERO' is assigned with !

As you say, the ultimate truth will exist ! So 'zeroness' is always there and it will exist!

ഉണ്ണി said...

I don't know how I got a notification from this site to my mail.
Normally, I do not blog or do not comment, especially on subjects like "ancient wisdom => modern science" since the difference is self-evident... then, I thought you are really interested in a viewpoint, I would anyway comment.

I'm another guy ended up in IT to make a living.
After 7-8 years of meaningless effort here, I understood that I took the wrong path and now started following my passion of physics and maths and now seriously into it.
And I think I'm eligible to comment here.

Ok, so much with a boring and long introduction !!

My point is yes; nobody prevents you from linking them. But why do you do it?
it is like this
Maths => To start with, it is a symbolic way to describe elementary real-world things. However, you can construct newer propositions and theorems from existing ones without a real-world support and go on for ever. But each new one is proved from existing ones.
Science => Similar to the above. But, it needs the real-world support in the sense, the theorems should be testable.
Vedantha/Ancient wisdom => A collection of lot of ideas, which MAYBE true. But no build-up from elementary principles. Hence DIFFICULT to prove.(my description; but, there may be other ideas on this)

From the above, the difference is clear, right? Those three are descriptions of world with different pathways, that's it. There is something common in both science and maths in a whole pyramid of ideas erupted on elementary/self-evident principles. But, as far as we know, 'ancient wisdom' doesn't share this commonality.

I do not understand why you say 'mathematics is subjective'. For that matter, I'm not sure whether we can 'accuse' 'ancient wisdom' to be 'subjective'.
Also I do not get any clue to what do you mean by the heading of it. I hope you didn't do it for catching attention.

★ Shine said...

@ Unni, I didn't send any mail to you. If you got mail, the possibility is you may subscribe to follow up comments in the blogs, I mentioned in my post. (I commented in those blogs with a link to this post).

By using the word "Subjective" I meant a more conceptual one than physical.

About the title; it's an old doubt :-)

Anyway, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

★ Shine said...

A must see blog on this subject
Blog post of Umesh